Please be informed that we will accommodate only the following:
1. Unvaccinated individuals who opt or are required to undergo mandatory quarantine, such as but not limited to close contacts, repatriated overseas Filipino workers (OFWs), returning overseas Filipinos, and foreign nationals allowed entry in the Philippines
2. Health and emergency frontline services personnel who need easy access to their place of work
3. Long-staying guests (minimum stay of 2 weeks and maximum stay of 1 year)
4. Returning Filipino residents
5. Other Authorized Person Outside of Residence (APOR) who require accommodation pursuant to their official function or duty
6. Business guests
7. Leisure guests of all ages
8. Participants in essential meetings and social events, as defined and regulated under the relevant issuance of the DOT and DOH.
Kindly bring documents such as company I.D., seaman’s book, plane ticket copy, passport with proof of arrival, and booking confirmation upon check-in.
We are enforcing a strict “NO FACE MASK, NO ENTRY” policy.
Please be guided by the Operational Guidelines for Processing of Arriving Non-OFWs/Returning Overseas Filipinos (ROFs), and Foreign Nationals (“Concerned Individuals”) issued by the National Task Force COVID-19 (NTF COVID19) Task Group on Management of Returning Overseas Filipinos (TG MROF):
*To know more about the protocols for arriving passengers who will be coming from “Green”, “Yellow”, or “Red” list countries, head to this LINK
1. Travelers shall register a One Health Pass (OHP) via https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/e-HDC to secure a unique QR Code to be presented to OSS (One Stop Shop) 3 days within departure date in the Philippines.
2. Make sure to secure a copy of the following requirements: One Health Pass (OHP) unique transaction number and QR code, passport/valid I.D., and booking confirmation
3. Individuals may choose to pre-pay their RT-PCR test via the portal link after registering to the One Health Pass (OHP) or they may pay on the day of their test at their chosen quarantine hotel.
4. Upon check-in at the airport, review and sign the health declaration and waiver form presented by the agent of your chosen airline.
5. During the flight, accomplish the Bureau of Customs Form and Arrival Card.
6. Upon arrival, individuals will be led to the briefing area for a short briefing by the Philippine Coast Guard on quarantine protocols and distribution of Affidavit of Undertaking.
7. Body temperature and OHP QR code will be checked.
8. Individuals shall then proceed to the Department of Tourism (DOT) Desk for validation/endorsement/confirmation of quarantine hotel facility.
9. Individuals will then proceed to the Bureau of Immigration for clearance and submission of Arrival Card.
10. After immigration clearance, individuals shall retrieve their luggage. After luggage retrieval, individuals shall submit the duly accomplished Bureau of Customs Form.
11. Upon arrival at the hotel, kindly approach the Front Desk and submit the following check-in requirements, if applicable: company or any valid I.D., seaman’s book, plane ticket copy, booking confirmation, and payment for the necessary fees.
12. Fully-vaccinated and non-vaccinated guests shall undergo RT-PCR swab testing at the quarantine hotel on the 5th day or 9th day of stay, respectively. Passport/valid I.D., QR code, and payment receipt shall be presented to the personnel who will administer the test.
13. Upon receipt of a negative RT-PCR result via e-mail, expect to receive the BOQ Health Certificate indicating actual number of days in hotel quarantine.
14. After receiving the BOQ Health Certificate, individuals shall present themselves to the quarantine hotel in charge of documents mentioned in item 13.
15. Upon clearance by the quarantine hotel, individuals shall avail of their choice of transportation. They shall not loiter around the quarantine hotel/outside the hotel and shall strictly observe health protocols during their travel from the quarantine hotel to the LGU of destination.
16. Upon arrival in the LGU of destination, individuals shall report to the barangay officials for accounting and instructions. To note, the LGU of destination has been informed earlier regarding their arrival through the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) mechanism. Individuals shall strictly bear in mind that any delay in reporting to their barangay officials can be grounds for imposition of another 10-day quarantine.
17. Individuals shall complete home quarantine for the remaining period until the required 10-day quarantine is completed or as prescribed by the LGU of destination.
18. Once the 10-day quarantine has been completed, the concerned individual shall continue observing minimum health standards, such as wearing of face mask, maintaining physical distance, and washing of hands.