Traveling to Manila in the New Normal: A Guide
Please be informed that we will accommodate only the following:
1. Unvaccinated individuals who opt or are required to undergo mandatory quarantine, such as but not limited to close contacts, repatriated overseas Filipino workers (OFWs), returning overseas Filipinos, and foreign nationals allowed entry in the Philippines
2. Health and emergency frontline services personnel who need easy access to their place of work
3. Long-staying guests (minimum stay of 2 weeks and maximum stay of 1 year)
4. Returning Filipino residents
5. Other Authorized Person Outside of Residence (APOR) who require accommodation pursuant to their official function or duty
6. Business guests
7. Leisure guests of all ages
8. Participants in essential meetings and social events, as defined and regulated under the relevant issuance of the DOT and DOH.
Kindly bring documents such as company I.D., seaman’s book, plane ticket copy, passport with proof of arrival, and booking confirmation upon check-in.
We are enforcing a strict “NO FACE MASK, NO ENTRY” policy.
Please be guided by the Operational Guidelines for Processing of Arriving Non-OFWs/Returning Overseas Filipinos (ROFs), and Foreign Nationals (“Concerned Individuals”) issued by the National Task Force COVID-19 (NTF COVID19) Task Group on Management of Returning Overseas Filipinos (TG MROF):
*To know more about the protocols for arriving passengers who will be coming from “Green”, “Yellow”, or “Red” list countries, head to this LINK
1. Travelers shall register a One Health Pass (OHP) via https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/e-HDC to secure a unique QR Code to be presented to OSS (One Stop Shop) 3 days within departure date in the Philippines.
2. Make sure to secure a copy of the following requirements: One Health Pass (OHP) unique transaction number and QR code, passport/valid I.D., and booking confirmation
3. Individuals may choose to pre-pay their RT-PCR test via the portal link after registering to the One Health Pass (OHP) or they may pay on the day of their test at their chosen quarantine hotel.
4. Upon check-in at the airport, review and sign the health declaration and waiver form presented by the agent of your chosen airline.
5. During the flight, accomplish the Bureau of Customs Form and Arrival Card.
6. Upon arrival, individuals will be led to the briefing area for a short briefing by the Philippine Coast Guard on quarantine protocols and distribution of Affidavit of Undertaking.
7. Body temperature and OHP QR code will be checked.
8. Individuals shall then proceed to the Department of Tourism (DOT) Desk for validation/endorsement/confirmation of quarantine hotel facility.
9. Individuals will then proceed to the Bureau of Immigration for clearance and submission of Arrival Card.
10. After immigration clearance, individuals shall retrieve their luggage. After luggage retrieval, individuals shall submit the duly accomplished Bureau of Customs Form.
11. Upon arrival at the hotel, kindly approach the Front Desk and submit the following check-in requirements, if applicable: company or any valid I.D., seaman’s book, plane ticket copy, booking confirmation, and payment for the necessary fees.
12. Fully-vaccinated and non-vaccinated guests shall undergo RT-PCR swab testing at the quarantine hotel on the 5th day or 9th day of stay, respectively. Passport/valid I.D., QR code, and payment receipt shall be presented to the personnel who will administer the test.
13. Upon receipt of a negative RT-PCR result via e-mail, expect to receive the BOQ Health Certificate indicating actual number of days in hotel quarantine.
14. After receiving the BOQ Health Certificate, individuals shall present themselves to the quarantine hotel in charge of documents mentioned in item 13.
15. Upon clearance by the quarantine hotel, individuals shall avail of their choice of transportation. They shall not loiter around the quarantine hotel/outside the hotel and shall strictly observe health protocols during their travel from the quarantine hotel to the LGU of destination.
16. Upon arrival in the LGU of destination, individuals shall report to the barangay officials for accounting and instructions. To note, the LGU of destination has been informed earlier regarding their arrival through the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) mechanism. Individuals shall strictly bear in mind that any delay in reporting to their barangay officials can be grounds for imposition of another 10-day quarantine.
17. Individuals shall complete home quarantine for the remaining period until the required 10-day quarantine is completed or as prescribed by the LGU of destination.
18. Once the 10-day quarantine has been completed, the concerned individual shall continue observing minimum health standards, such as wearing of face mask, maintaining physical distance, and washing of hands.
To combat COVID-19, The Astoria Group will be implementing strict measures in the interest of public safety.
- Guests will be subjected to a thermal device inspection before entering the hotel.
- Guests will be guided to our designated check-in area, for the quick check-in process.
- Guests will be asked to register on our contact tracing app “Stay Safe.PH.”
Sanitation protocols are also being strictly implemented to help and protect the safety and health of our guests and colleagues. Please also be reminded of the following:
- Only registered guests are allowed in the hotel. Visitors are not permitted in under the New Normal guidelines.
- Social distancing in the elevator, front desk, and lobby must be observed.
- Use of designated elevator for the check-in of guests for quarantine will be observed.
- Use of protective gear by hotel personnel will be observed.
- No deliveries from outside the hotel and no sending out of deliveries. VISITORS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- For quarantine bookings, guests are not allowed to go outside their room.
- Social gatherings, including visits to other rooms and receiving of visitors, are also NOT ALLOWED AT ALL TIMES.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the guest rooms and within the hotel premises.
- The use of common recreational facilities, such as swimming pool and gym, is prohibited until such time that they resume operation.
Also, in compliance with the Department of Tourism’s Health and Safety Guidelines Governing the Operations of Accommodation Establishments under the New Normal, all guests must complete a health declaration form upon check-in or, at most, one (1) day prior to check-in. Forms filled up beyond that period is considered invalid. The health declaration form will be sent to the guest 3 days before the check-in date.
Safety in the City
1. Our Fearless Frontliners sanitize each area of the hotel. We make use of medical-grade solutions and state-of-the-art disinfecting equipment, such as UV light machines and steam vacuums, to kill viruses and bacteria.
2. All high-contact points, such as doorknobs and elevator buttons, are cleaned regularly.
3. All employees are subjected to regular antigen tests, and are required to wear face masks, acetate face shields, and hand gloves. Guests are also asked to wear face masks and face shields for extra protection.
4. Safety signages and markers are placed in common areas of the hotel.
5. Temperature checks are carried out by our Security personnel prior to entry of all employees and guests. Everyone is also asked to sanitize the soles of their shoes using our disinfecting foot mats.
6. Our highly disciplined staff strictly follow and implement social distancing protocols.
7. We have placed ethyl alcohol bottles and dispensers in the most crowded areas of the hotel.
8. Seats in our restaurants, cafes, and bars are placed one meter apart. Furthermore, tables and chairs are sanitized after each use.
9. Guests are given a temporary face mask holder to put their masks in before enjoying our gourmet offerings.
10. Digital menus have also been prepared to minimize contact.
11. Aside from being regularly sanitated, all Astoria vehicles are equipped with a first-aid kit, a protective plastic barrier between the driver seat and passenger cabin, a spray bottle of 70% alcohol solution, an extra set of PPEs (face masks and disposable gloves) for guests, a trash bin dedicated for disposal of used PPEs, paper tissues, a spray bottle with diluted chlorine solution, and a sanitation rag.